Tuesday, June 7, 2011

365 Days of London

Hi all,

It's  been far too long since I wrote.  The last few posts were written in some of my more difficult times, an outlet for all the thoughts that were rattling around in my head when I had too much spare time to worry about life.  But that's all changing now; I've recently arrived in London to start fresh.  New job, new house, new country.  Back in an English-speaking environment.  Friends to go shopping/picnicking/drinking with.  A new job with exciting career opportunities (and work trips yay!).  A nice house in the suburbs.  And TOPSHOP!!!

I'm introducing you to my project: 365 Days of London.  I'm going to post one photo a day for the next year, to document the London chapter of my journey (note: I may lag behind and upload a few at a time).  Here are the first few days... enjoy!

 Day 1 - Arrival in London on the train with my life packed into 2 suitcases (from Platform 9 3/4, no less)
 Day 2 - A bit of lost-in-translation humour (you Dutchies will appreciate this one)
 Day 3 - Being a tourist at Trafalgar Square
 Day 4 - Amusing road sign at Greenwich
Day 5 - getting ready for my first day at work

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, wish I could be in london with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh exciting! It's cool that you're doing the 365 photo project thing while you're there.
    What a funny photo, I like the 'humped pelican crossing' one, Aww - In my head I was imagining poor humped pelicans hobbling along looking more distressed than the average pelican. LOL

    ReplyDelete